Habitat for Humanity RoadShow and Tea at Jones the Grocers!

| On
00:41:00
I met S, my excolleague for an afternoon of girly time after I was done with the gym with M. We decided on Ion as I go the the California Fitness and Ngee ann city and it's convenient enough. It was about 2 by the time we met up, and we walked around the mall for a bit and decided it was time for tea, so I suggested Paul's as I love their fruit tarts and tea. We hiked through wisma, which was full of people, and half way through, we saw this exhibition. Firstly I saw many kids dressed in the formal wear of Anglo Chinese School (International) and found it kind of odd. When I was still in school that was reserved for formal occasions like founder's day or graduation. Turns out, the school had sponsored part of the exhibition in support of habitat for humanity. Back in Year 5 I remember we slept in a cardboard box in a field for a night to understand what the homeless go through everyday and I was well pleased to see that the school was still continue to partner with Habitat for Humanity to raise funds and awareness to help homeless people.




We stopped and decided to play our part and each paid for a brick in which the proceeds go to materials for building new homes.


It was quite fun just colouring and chatting and I thought that was a very engaging idea as opposed to just getting people to donate $2 and then just walk away. By the time we were done and left to go to Paul's, there was an extremely long line outside so we decided to head to Jone's the Grocers instead. We were both famished by then and decided on the Egg Benedict and the french toast topped with berries. I love the combination of smoke salmon, avocados, with the prefect poached egg topped with hollandaise sauce on top of an english muffin.  


We decided that we would share each dish so it meant one serving of eggs benedict and 2 slices of french toast for both of us, which was the best idea ever! I love having both savoury and sweet elements in a meal.


The berries were very fresh and the cream was also light, and not overly stodgy. It was perfect with the maple syrup drizzled over it ^^

Perfect way to end the day out with S!




Be First to Post Comment !