La Ristrettos

| On
23:47:00







I chanced upon La Ristrettos while I was in walking around Novena Medical centre. ( I do enjoy spending time in the garden on the 8th floor there!) The previous cafe had relocated and this new coffee joint had popped out so I made a mental note to bring a friend and try the coffee someday. I'm not much of a coffee person, but I love the smell of coffee.

I finally had the opportunity to try it out as I had a day off work and a friend happened to be free to so we decided to do tea. One of the main things I liked about the cafe was how small and quiet it was. I dislike places where you have to jostle with the crowd for a seat, wait forever for the waiter to take your order and then for an eternity for your drink to come.

We spent a few minutes discussing how well decorated the place is. " Oh look at the bottles of tea!" "Such a pretty Christmas tree that blends in so well with the decor!" "It looks out into the garden!" before settling in our seats and then proceeding to pore over the menu.I really liked how the menu was so well organised and the idea of using a clipboard means only specific pages need to be changed, instead of the whole menu (if it's a binded book!)

I'm not much of a coffee drinker due to my allergies to caffeine, so I decided to go for the ice mocha. It is basically a glass of milk with a scoop of chocolate gelato and a shot of espresso. (Not the best idea for people who are allergic to caffeine, but I guess YOLO). I like how it wasn't too sweet like how most mochas are, and the freshly brewed espresso mixed with the milk and ice cream was such a nice concoction, perfect tea time drink! I could only get through half a glass before my head started pounding but it was worth it!

My friend ordered a cappuccino and we were duly impressed with the pretty flower art that the barista created. The quiet ambiance allowed us to talk while enjoying our drinks, a perfect way to spend a Wednesday afternoon, away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

I liked how they served us glasses of water alongside the drinks we ordered without us even requesting for water. Attention to detail really does make a big difference in ones experience at an F&B outlet and I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon spent at La Ristrettos!
Be First to Post Comment !