Date night at Bugis.

| On
20:17:00
Date nights have been rather quiet affairs as of late. We tend to hang out at his place and just watch movies and laze around and have his mum will cook for the whole family. Did I mention I love home cooked meals? :)

So instead of going to orchard, I suggested heading to bugis instead. After all I haven't been to bugis + since it has opened. Let me warn you that bugis + is definitely for young people, from the mix of shops and restaurants to the entertainment outlets. We were going down the escalator and I commented how we must have brought the average age of people in the mall up significantly, he laughed at me and pointed out at really old man in front of us. 


We got off the escalator and I found this. A fix it felix machine!! We had just watched the first half of wreck it ralph a few weeks ago, so I was pretty amazed that such a machine existed. The bf being the skilled one finished the game rather quickly but I perserved and completed a level. We walked around a bit more and decided to grab dinner so we headed to ma maison. I've never tried it but it apparently has pretty good ratings so I figured, why not?


We got there pretty early so the restaurant was really empty, which was nice because the service was good and staff seemed rather attentive. The decor is quite interesting, kinda like a really cosy family home feel. 


We decided to give the buttered escargots a try. I guess I expected it to be nice and buttery as the name suggest but well it tasted normal,



I got the squid ink pasta. Way too oily for my liking and I started regretting it soon after but oh well.


The highlight came after that when we walked around and found a kids arcade. It has some really old school games and this is one of those! Feeding Big Bessie is one of those things that my sister and I used to do so it was quite fun playing it with the bf. Just that at this age we're significantly taller to get the balls in properly. We played a few more games, a fun drum one, hitting moles with hammers... And we managed to win a grand total of 75 tokens! I chose 3 sets of stickers to redeem because I figured my Primary 1 sunday school kids will appreciate it :) 



We walked around the mall for a bit more and headed back to his place soon after, it was an easy fuss free date that was fun. I'm on the lookout for more easy date ideas!
Be First to Post Comment !