Shunjuku - Japan Day 1!

| On
19:12:00


The unpredictability of working life often results in vacations only being blocked out for Christmas break - where there is forced office closure, so post our good Korea experience last year we decided on yet another cold place - Tokyo.




It was a early start, getting to the airport at 6ish in the morning, checking in and heading to the lounge to get a quick breakfast.

We were blessed with a great flight on Delta Airways - trust me I didn't expect very much but the inflight entertainment system was rather new, and the food exceeded my expectations. One key thing was when we were asleep, they left a bottle of Evian water each for us. Typically you'll need to ask for a small cup of water and I like the initiative, especially with flights being very drying in nature.


The flight was uneventful - thankful for that! And before we knew it we were in Narita Airport. We cleared customs quickly and headed to the Limo Bus. Now is the time most will get the Wifi Eggs or Sim Cards but we hurried as the bus was a few minutes away and figured we could get wifi easily in the city. Apparently not so, but I would say it was a blessing in disguise.


I was expecting to be freezing the moment I stepped out of the airport but thankfully that was not so! It was a nice chill temperature, much to E's disappointment. He loves the cold and 8 degrees wasn't cutting it for him.

The hotel was very easy to find, and the room was almost exactly like the pictures. A little dated but clean. I would say for the price it's pretty worth it though our Korea hotels were cheaper and much nicer.

After a quick shower - it was time to walk around a bit and get some dinner. Our strategy was very much let's plan when we get there as we have both been so busy with work so we walked around the area and did a very Singaporean thing. Look for the longest line and join it.






The highlight of the day was shopping. We went to a Bicqlo close to where we ate and I fell in love with a jacket - that you'll see in the preceding post but having no wifi and not having stock in my size at the outlet, the Sales Assistant suggested we checked out the other GU outlet that was close by. So we got generally directions and headed out.Lo and behold, we were lost in no time and I think the long day of travelling had got to us that we had a little disagreement - he wanted to give up and head back to the hotel but well I wanted my jacket.

I tapped a women's shoulder to ask her but she glared at me, and a really nice Japanese man came up to us and asked if we needed help. I explained what we were looking for and he walked us there!! Faith in humanity - restored. After the track to GU, we left with 2 winter coats, 2 skirts, 1 scarf, 2 jumpers and 1 blouse. Sorry dear wallet, but GU is essentially cheap uniqlo and the quality was not bad too.

With a full belly and fuller shopping bags, we headed back to the hotel but not before a stop at iconic convenience stores, to pick up the yummiest Strawberry mochi I had and some other little snacks.
Be First to Post Comment !